About the Relle

Born and raised in Auckland, New Zealand I was nearing my completion of the tried and true steps to becoming an adult. University? check! Job of 2 years? Check! Living independently away from home? Check! Ready for something more challenging and a whole lot bigger than Auckland, I moved to Berlin in April 2010. As a Kiwi, avoiding an OE is about as unlikely as Tom Cruise converting to sanity, although choosing Berlin made for a pretty bold move. Not being ready for adulthood and frightened by the multitude of friends marrying and contemplating children..it was time to gap. Armed with very little comprehension of the German language but a big yearning for all things unknown we set off on one big year adventure. I aim to provide insight into life on the other side and hopefully convince all those doubtful kids out there that you can conquer Berlin!


20 January 2011

pretty cool things in Berlin.

I tutor some lovely kiddo's..with even lovelier Mothers who invite me to events such as; Bread & Butter and Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Berlin. Oh yes. Let me be heard very clearly, I am in the wrong profession. The good (lots of fur), the bad (too much silicone), the crazy (knee to ankle boot tassles) and the drool-worthy (a rather extensive range of college-style bomber jackets at Criminal Damage). Every possible outfit you could imagine graced the isles of the tradeshow today. Oh how I secretly long (not so secretly given Im blogging this), to prance through the crowds in faux fur vests, big sunglasses (despite B&B being indoors), lethal looking heels and a fedora hat..whilst furiously taking fashion notes. Lucky enough to get a free pass into the fashion industry today. Wow. So geared for tomorrow, the Blacky dress show - check it here. I only have all night to agonize over an outfit.

More snaps after the jump..

There will most definately be photos following but I couldn't wait to blurt all this out.
Ooh some pretty cool labels to keep an eye out for: Nümph, Criminal Damage, Rosie & Roses, Eleven Paris and Jean Paul.
x





I heart goodie bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment