About the Relle

Born and raised in Auckland, New Zealand I was nearing my completion of the tried and true steps to becoming an adult. University? check! Job of 2 years? Check! Living independently away from home? Check! Ready for something more challenging and a whole lot bigger than Auckland, I moved to Berlin in April 2010. As a Kiwi, avoiding an OE is about as unlikely as Tom Cruise converting to sanity, although choosing Berlin made for a pretty bold move. Not being ready for adulthood and frightened by the multitude of friends marrying and contemplating children..it was time to gap. Armed with very little comprehension of the German language but a big yearning for all things unknown we set off on one big year adventure. I aim to provide insight into life on the other side and hopefully convince all those doubtful kids out there that you can conquer Berlin!


21 November 2010

The best toasted sammy's in town!

What a superb Berlin weekend, despite the rapidly descending temperature the weather is just beautiful and the friends are even better!  Friday I had a snazzy home haircut by a fellow Kiwi, (Ex-Stephen Marr hair design, tell me about friends in high places!  Wonderful perk yusss!) followed by many beers, nibbles and a very late bedtime.  A cozy Saturday night in, yummy dinner, movie and warmth.  For the first time in a while I faced a Sunday morning.  Not only was I out of bed before 11am, but I'd already served up some home-made muesli/grated apple/yogurt/coconut combo and was on my way home from a power workout at the gym.
I found this IKEA apple-corer in the cupboard this morning..pretty sweet!
 More to read after the jump:)

Enjoying toasted sandwiches and coleslaw at Antipodes
Following this unusual behaviour, we met with friends for a well deserved good old Kiwi toasted sammy and creamy coleslaw at this new fabby NZ-owned cafe Antipodes..Berliners can find it here.  Not only are there porcelain sheep on display (stop it..) but you can even get $1 lolly mix's including all the kiwi gems; jet planes, milk bottles and jaffas mmmm.  Sunday night (now) I'm making good use of the 3euro/kilogram pork belly, and commencing a cooking session.  My aim is to successfully cook mouth-watering pork belly.  Thank you Jamie Oliver for providing me with this recipe yummy yummy contented tummy's.

Relle

No comments:

Post a Comment