About the Relle

Born and raised in Auckland, New Zealand I was nearing my completion of the tried and true steps to becoming an adult. University? check! Job of 2 years? Check! Living independently away from home? Check! Ready for something more challenging and a whole lot bigger than Auckland, I moved to Berlin in April 2010. As a Kiwi, avoiding an OE is about as unlikely as Tom Cruise converting to sanity, although choosing Berlin made for a pretty bold move. Not being ready for adulthood and frightened by the multitude of friends marrying and contemplating children..it was time to gap. Armed with very little comprehension of the German language but a big yearning for all things unknown we set off on one big year adventure. I aim to provide insight into life on the other side and hopefully convince all those doubtful kids out there that you can conquer Berlin!


02 November 2010

Ku64, the dental enthusiasts dream


Dear Pals,

Today I found out that the German water source isn't fluoridated, this news left me feeling as though I was missing out on having strong teeth.  Feeling betrayed by authorities for not informing me of this vital fact upon filing my Visa application, I made it my mission to find a stash of fluoride and some xylitol chewing gum..hehe. 
Not only did I find my goodies I stumbled upon Ku64, the most ridiculous and impressive dental practice in every way possible way.  Upon purchasing my chewing gum I found out they had an opening for a dental hygienist (right place, right time), unfortunately my shabby German didn't cut it but I had the firm promise that once I learn a job will be waiting.  The genius behind this concept has created an empire of fear-free dentistry.  Check out the architecture group responsible (GRAFT), and feast your eyes on this.

To learn or not to learn German all in the name of a fancy dental office, this is the big question!!

I promise to be more consistent following up with more photos from the big trip with Milly Vanilly and Nateekinz, (watch out..I'll be drumming up a cheesy name for all of you soon!).   
Ok, so that's a wrap.

No comments:

Post a Comment