About the Relle

Born and raised in Auckland, New Zealand I was nearing my completion of the tried and true steps to becoming an adult. University? check! Job of 2 years? Check! Living independently away from home? Check! Ready for something more challenging and a whole lot bigger than Auckland, I moved to Berlin in April 2010. As a Kiwi, avoiding an OE is about as unlikely as Tom Cruise converting to sanity, although choosing Berlin made for a pretty bold move. Not being ready for adulthood and frightened by the multitude of friends marrying and contemplating children..it was time to gap. Armed with very little comprehension of the German language but a big yearning for all things unknown we set off on one big year adventure. I aim to provide insight into life on the other side and hopefully convince all those doubtful kids out there that you can conquer Berlin!


07 June 2010

We like big bears and we cannot lie..those other bears can't deny

Berlin has decided it's Summer and the City is buzzing!

With Sunny skies comes mischief..grilling, sunbathing and visiting bears.  Live, roaring, people-eating bears tucked away in a small enclosure in the middle of Kollnischer Park next to Dan's work.  In my ignorance I'm going to call that quirky, as I have no clue to the significance of having 2 brown bears in the middle of a City.  They seem happy enough with their own private keeper, a pool to cool down in and plenty of visitors.  Given Berlin loves it's history there's gotta be a great story behind them, for now they are Berlin's living mascots Schnute and Maxi.
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi

    I would like a picture of Shnute. Awhole body shot of her put she has to be looking at the camera. It is for a tattoo I would like to get.

    If you can send the picture or send me to a site for more pictures of her.

    Thank You!

    Barb Riewe

    ReplyDelete