About the Relle

Born and raised in Auckland, New Zealand I was nearing my completion of the tried and true steps to becoming an adult. University? check! Job of 2 years? Check! Living independently away from home? Check! Ready for something more challenging and a whole lot bigger than Auckland, I moved to Berlin in April 2010. As a Kiwi, avoiding an OE is about as unlikely as Tom Cruise converting to sanity, although choosing Berlin made for a pretty bold move. Not being ready for adulthood and frightened by the multitude of friends marrying and contemplating children..it was time to gap. Armed with very little comprehension of the German language but a big yearning for all things unknown we set off on one big year adventure. I aim to provide insight into life on the other side and hopefully convince all those doubtful kids out there that you can conquer Berlin!


09 June 2010

Boobs and Bikes

My new bike is a sweet ride, I feel like it may be the becoming of me.  Today we went on an adventure to Tiergarten in 30 degree sunny skies.  I wrote down what appeared to be fool-proof directions to Tiergarten (thanks to the help of BBBike Berlin).  At direction 8 of 12 I got madly lost, ending up on the other side of the River and having no clue where in Berlin I was.  I had to bike back for a good 20 minutes trying to find a road among the shlerers and shleises that sounded familiar.  A bridge, a beach bar, a near death collision with a small child and I arrive in Tiergarten well overtime.  I'm going to get a little picture just to show to you the extent of this park, 20km of bikers heaven.
I let rip..riding in wiggly lines, speeding up, getting up on my back tyre, exploring the depths of Tiergarten.  This childish burst was rudely awakened when I went to snap yet another ride-by picture and realized I was photographing a field full of butt naked sunbathers.  I aimed for a 180, instead settling for a small bail in the bush.  This was both embarrassing and made me look like I was biding time to get a gawk, I did see one old man actually...haha ok we'll save that for another day. 

Tchoos.

No comments:

Post a Comment