About the Relle

Born and raised in Auckland, New Zealand I was nearing my completion of the tried and true steps to becoming an adult. University? check! Job of 2 years? Check! Living independently away from home? Check! Ready for something more challenging and a whole lot bigger than Auckland, I moved to Berlin in April 2010. As a Kiwi, avoiding an OE is about as unlikely as Tom Cruise converting to sanity, although choosing Berlin made for a pretty bold move. Not being ready for adulthood and frightened by the multitude of friends marrying and contemplating children..it was time to gap. Armed with very little comprehension of the German language but a big yearning for all things unknown we set off on one big year adventure. I aim to provide insight into life on the other side and hopefully convince all those doubtful kids out there that you can conquer Berlin!


24 August 2010

Kebab Quest

This kebab is Berlin legit!


Doner Kebab (better known in Berlin as döner kebap):  Abbreviated döner and also referred to as donair, donar and donner.  Middle Eastern origin + lamb meat on vertical spit + sliced to order = deeelish!  Similar dishes are shawarma (Arabic), gyro's (Greek) and kebab (English).


I liken myself to the Hoff most days, particularly now that my knightly expedition has officially commenced.










Quest  (In medieval romance): An adventurous expedition undertaken by a knight to secure or achieve something.










  • My time frame, open-ended. 
  • My mission, to sample the abundance of these delightful bundles of meat and vegetables doused in lashings of creamy sauces and wrapped in cushioning's of bread.  
  • My purpose, clearly to rate the multiple kebab shops and provide insight into the most tantalising!  
  • My justification, to bike my daily 16km to work and back given rain or shine.
  • My hope, to avoid dominating 2 seats on the plane home


I'm teaming all my free time and my self-rated proficient taste buds to carry out this kebab quest.  Who knows how far I will take this at this stage??  I'm merely suggesting it could quickly become heavy discussion among the doner devotees of Berlin and make me famous!

Join me on my kebab-consuming crusade,
Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment