About the Relle

Born and raised in Auckland, New Zealand I was nearing my completion of the tried and true steps to becoming an adult. University? check! Job of 2 years? Check! Living independently away from home? Check! Ready for something more challenging and a whole lot bigger than Auckland, I moved to Berlin in April 2010. As a Kiwi, avoiding an OE is about as unlikely as Tom Cruise converting to sanity, although choosing Berlin made for a pretty bold move. Not being ready for adulthood and frightened by the multitude of friends marrying and contemplating children..it was time to gap. Armed with very little comprehension of the German language but a big yearning for all things unknown we set off on one big year adventure. I aim to provide insight into life on the other side and hopefully convince all those doubtful kids out there that you can conquer Berlin!


22 April 2011

hoppity hop hop

Just because I'm not in Berlin for Easter doesn't mean I can't get excited about the weekend line-up. I have always been a big fan of all things lomo and Berlin gets a lomography easter egg hunt. I hope all you lucky little baskets still milling around Berlin check out this awesome photography workshop/egg hunt. 15euros gets you a camera, film and the opportunity to take part in a hunt to find and snap picures of the treats around Berlin. Best part is whoever finds the most treats wins..woooot!

If you head to Gericht Str 23 you can wear your best yellow frock and celebrate all things yellow. From video installations, live painting, illustrative work, photography and other artsy things created in celebration of this fabby primary colour. There's even yellow cookies and cocktails and if you do follow through with your yellow frock you only pay 4euro. win!

Oh and as I scan through all these updates I see that Kulturbrauerei is celebrating Easter in true bonfire fashion and they are promising it will be huuuuge. 

As much as I would like to get amongst all that Berlin boom time I have an Easter egg hunt to attend on Sunday with a bunch of babes. These Frenchies better have a good Easter egg selection to make up for the lack of Easter related events around town hehe.
Happy Easter pretties, drive safely and eat lots of choc X

1 comment:

  1. What? I have never heard of this Easter egg hunt & am so jealous. Do tell about the amazing things you hear about in Berlin. Even though I am living here, I always seem to hear about things the day after.

    ReplyDelete