About the Relle

Born and raised in Auckland, New Zealand I was nearing my completion of the tried and true steps to becoming an adult. University? check! Job of 2 years? Check! Living independently away from home? Check! Ready for something more challenging and a whole lot bigger than Auckland, I moved to Berlin in April 2010. As a Kiwi, avoiding an OE is about as unlikely as Tom Cruise converting to sanity, although choosing Berlin made for a pretty bold move. Not being ready for adulthood and frightened by the multitude of friends marrying and contemplating children..it was time to gap. Armed with very little comprehension of the German language but a big yearning for all things unknown we set off on one big year adventure. I aim to provide insight into life on the other side and hopefully convince all those doubtful kids out there that you can conquer Berlin!


15 February 2011

up to our elbows in Ethiopian

That one's my Valentine
My Valentines day was beaut. We started off the evening with a bit of pressy sharing underground in the Heinrich Heine U-bahn, tried out a new restaurant that served wonderful Ethiopian food and finished the evening snuggled up and drowning in giggles, watching Parks and Recreation. Last night was the second time I've eaten with my hands in public, the first was at Medieval Times on a family trip to LA. Last night, less awkward, a lot tastier and absolutely no men with swords galloping on horses. I would recommend this lovely little Ethiopian restaurant to anyone visiting Berlin. If not for some truly superb food then for a pretty funny experience. The pictures really do speak for themselves, particularly the aftermath shot where you see we had no trouble devouring the mountain of food.

For those in Berlin - check this.. http://www.bluenileberlin.de/1.html




A pretty full tum
Already dreaming up a few new owlfits..hehe
 
Happy belated Valentines all my pretty's
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment