About the Relle

Born and raised in Auckland, New Zealand I was nearing my completion of the tried and true steps to becoming an adult. University? check! Job of 2 years? Check! Living independently away from home? Check! Ready for something more challenging and a whole lot bigger than Auckland, I moved to Berlin in April 2010. As a Kiwi, avoiding an OE is about as unlikely as Tom Cruise converting to sanity, although choosing Berlin made for a pretty bold move. Not being ready for adulthood and frightened by the multitude of friends marrying and contemplating children..it was time to gap. Armed with very little comprehension of the German language but a big yearning for all things unknown we set off on one big year adventure. I aim to provide insight into life on the other side and hopefully convince all those doubtful kids out there that you can conquer Berlin!


24 December 2010

Weihnachtsmarkt Withdrawal

I'm not going to lie and say that it wasn't hard leaving the Weihnachtsmarkt fun (Christmas markets) in Berlin.  Special in a hundred wonderful ways and complete with all the trimmings..ice skating rink, giant sized christmas tree, gluhwein and ferris wheel.  Magical magical magical, I hope anyone visiting or living in Berlin takes full advantage of the festive season and checks out Berlin's finest.  Top 3 on the list were: 1) Gendarmenmarkt Weihnachtsmarkt - ritzy and romantic.  2) Weihnachtsmarkt am Fernsehturm - authentic and charming, I found someones adorable set of pictures here.  3) As for you Weihnachtsmarkt Alexa, you will be sadly missed.  You and all your bright lights and crazy fun.

Gendarmenmarkt


Weihnachtsmarkt Alexa




View from the top!
When did I develop this new fear of heights?

I am still feeling sufficiently festive after making trifle with our lovely host Petra tonight.  And after the minor prepping for Xmas day I can taste the traditional Kiwi deserts on the tip of my tongue.  One ingredient is missing, where oh where is the snow London?  Give us a white Christmas..go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment