About the Relle

Born and raised in Auckland, New Zealand I was nearing my completion of the tried and true steps to becoming an adult. University? check! Job of 2 years? Check! Living independently away from home? Check! Ready for something more challenging and a whole lot bigger than Auckland, I moved to Berlin in April 2010. As a Kiwi, avoiding an OE is about as unlikely as Tom Cruise converting to sanity, although choosing Berlin made for a pretty bold move. Not being ready for adulthood and frightened by the multitude of friends marrying and contemplating children..it was time to gap. Armed with very little comprehension of the German language but a big yearning for all things unknown we set off on one big year adventure. I aim to provide insight into life on the other side and hopefully convince all those doubtful kids out there that you can conquer Berlin!


31 May 2010

Home Sweet Home..

Wedding has been a welcoming neighbourhood so far, kebabs a plenty and fruit shops galore.  Everything is at our doorstep which makes life easy and lets me give Wedding 2 thumbs up!  I went to IKEA spending 4 hours on Saturday and have now furnished our room.  Daniel really enjoyed the 4 posted oh-so-girly iron bed-frame, that's what you get when you leave it up to the girls!  We are lucky to have an area of lush green as our backyard and a park through the gate.  Recently I presented Dan with ping-pong bats and balls, there have been some close challenges but I have yet to beat him. 

Hope you enjoy xxx
P.S. Obviously it's always sunny like this too...pffft I wish!

No comments:

Post a Comment